Table of Contents
- Goal Achievement
- Language Learning
- Decision Making
- Life Hacks
- Apps / Services
- Repetition: What we intentionally practice and repeat in life changes the architecture of our brains to make it more automatic.
- A habit is comprised of a cue, a routine, and reward. Identify all of them, then change the routine to a better option of your choosing, to improve your behavior.
- “When it comes to your bad habits, you have two kinds of people around you: friends and accomplices. Friends help keep you on the road to health, happiness, and success. Accomplices do the opposite. Accomplices aid and abet the “crime” of your current bad habit. You may inaccurately call some of your accomplices “friends” because you enjoy being with them. However, if they either enable or encourage you to behave in unwise ways—lower your aspirations, take a drink, buy a gadget, skip a workout session—they’re acting as accomplices. The people around you don’t have to have an agenda to be accomplices. What makes them accomplices is not having bad intentions, but exerting bad influence. So, if you hope to change tough habits in your life, one of the most important steps you’ll need to take is to distinguish between those around you who are acting as friends and those who are acting as accomplices.Now let’s turn our attention to our biggest change allies. Friends are the individuals who—actively and sometimes almost imperceptibly—help keep us on the path to success by modeling good choices, speaking up, holding us accountable, offering advice, and cheering us on. In all likelihood you have friends who already play these roles. Some play the role of informal coach by reminding us of the rules, watching our performance, and teaching us how to succeed.Other friends stand on the sidelines, watch us in action, and cheer our every success. These priceless, encouraging friends play the role of fan.”
- Acquiring Wealth, Fame, and/or Status
- Rich Habits
- Merge your innate talents/skills, upbringing, and past 10 years of experience to capitalize on what you have to offer
- Make your own plan instead of falling prey to others’ plans (marketing, corporations, social pressures, etc.)
- Work at a sustainable pace so that you can still maintain your health, mind, and social relations.
- Spend time around people who have the life you want. Ask to work for them for free if they will teach you their ways as most people jump at the opportunity to be a mentor. If you can’t get in touch with these people, learn from them virtually (podcast, youtube, etc.) Find a way to align your talents with their potential needs so you can add value and entice them to reciprocate as your mentor or by hiring you.
- Rich Habits
- Telling someone your goals gives you social satisfaction which makes you less likely to actually pursue the goal.
- For tasks requiring even moderate cognitive function, intrinsic motivators: autonomy, mastery and purpose are much more effective.
- “Being tough means having the ability to bring your talent and skill to life UNDER PRESSURE. You can CONSISTENTLY EXECUTE regardless of circumstance. You have developed a deep capacity for continuing to fight until real answers are found. You can exert great force and resist great force mentally, physically, and emotionally. You don’t become defensive, rigid and inflexible as the storms intensify. You remain grounded, connected and engaged. Fully alive to the conditions and people around you. Most importantly, you can take a hit. You bounce back quickly from failure, learn from your mistakes and resume the fight more resilient than ever.”
- Having a plan of action for a goal is better than having just a goal itself. The former will put you more at ease while the latter will bog you down and make make you perform sub-optimally.
- You are undeniably a product of your environment and the people you CHOOSE to surround yourself with. You can achieve orders of magnitude of success (personally, mentally, professionally, for your business, etc.) by surrounding yourself with the right people. This is arguably the most important aspect of life of which to be consciously aware.
- Find people who excel at something but are not the prototype for that position. These people usually compensate their lack of talent or genetic build for superb technique, and therefore are the best people to learn from how to do things most effectively.
- Prioritize your tasks and do the top things that will move you most towards your goal (generating revenue for business).
- Dream big. When we have big aspirations, we perform at our best and are happiest (the two are mutually synergistic). Also, it’s hard to miss completely. Shoot for the stars and land on the moon.
- Goal setting and striving accelerates learning and improves brain density. Set goals to get smarter! (Great for kids as well)
- Write out your self X years from now in the “I am” structure. “I am so happy and grateful that I…” This will prime your subconscious to find a way to get you there.
- Goal setting vs. habit setting: When we make goals, it may prompt us to feel as if we can’t be happy until the goal is achieved. Moreover, we may feel like a failure if we didn’t achieve the full goal (even though it was arbitrarily made). Instead, focus on getting started, consistency, incremental actions, and setting up the right habits. This the perpetual consistency of taking action, albeit not fully prepared for the goal, is what distinguishes highly effective people.
- Visualization: imagine your future self 1-5 years down the road, in detail, smiling, happy. Serves as a powerful tool to enable your desired future while inspiring you.
- Rule: always believe and think about things as you desire them to be.
- Autosuggestion / Affirmations
- “I am” is considered the greatest affirmative.
- I am that which I think I am.
- Do whilst deep breathing.
- I am that which I think I am.
- “I am” is considered the greatest affirmative.
- Preface with “My subconscious mind, I desire and command you to…”
- Any affirmation is most efficacious in time of quiet meditation, and more so at night before bed so your mind can process and enact the affirmation while sleeping.
- Relax: being overly anxious inhibits the spirit of the affirmation
- For better health
- Don’t limit the thought to a particular organ/area, but instead the whole body.
- Deep breathing while affirming “I am breathing in the health energy of the universe now.”
I Think Life.
I Think Health.
I Think Strength.
I Think Vitality.
I Am in Tune with Infinite Spirit. I Breathe Life. I Feel Life.
I Breathe Health. I Feel Health.
I Breathe Strength. I Feel Strength.
I Breathe Vitality. I Feel Vitality.
I Am in Tune with Infinite Spirit. I Am in Tune with Infinite Spirit. I Am Life.
I Am Health.
I Am Strength.
I Am Vitality.
I Am in Tune with Infinite Spirit.
- The more conviction you have, the more potent the efficacy. Don’t give up. Even if you are dubious as the the efficacy of the mind, keep repeating the affirmations as frequently and with as much concentration as possible until it becomes lodged in your subconscious.
- A good benchmark: hold a thought 20 times a day
- Dr. Mom
- Decide to learn it
- Observe (be present)
- Information tied with emotion leads to longterm memory
- Speed reading
- Focus. Read faster to get your brain excited and not bored.
- Rereading your book highlights at the end of finishing the book increases retention rate by 70%.
- Motivation, presence, and movement all help your ability to learn, as you are learning.
- Memory: Use visualization and imagination, and put things in distinct boxes so they don’t blur together. Visualization is the most effective memory technique as it is a shortcut to our long term memory. Vision is the most powerful of our senses.
- LinguaGoGo app
- A vs. B is a self-created dilemma, a false dichotomy. There are ALWAYS more choices. Brainstorm. Eg. Can delegate out your company, do your company at your current job, work for the expert to become more strategically positioned when you launch your company, etc.
- When deciding to leave something (a job) don’t run away from something, run towards something else.
- Pretend you are coming to yourself asking for advice, as if that person was another employee. Give them the advice and act on it. You only talk to yourself. Yourself doesn’t talk to you.
- Learn to trust your gut/instincts, different than emotion, as it is your subconscious processing all the details your conscious is missing. It is right most the time.
- 90% of our bodily functions and reactions are irrational by definition because they occur in our subconscious. It is an impossible feat to always go with your rational decision, so learn to supplement, or even replace at times, with your intuition.
- People will actually stop thinking for themselves when a person they perceive as an expert offers them advice or direction. It seems that receiving ‘expert’ advice shuts down the areas of our brains that are responsible for decision making process.
- This may be able to be utilized in sales when you project yourself, your specialists, or your AE as an expert.
- Regardless of the complexity or importance of the decision, decision-making taxes our energy. Therefore, form habits so that you can progress through your day as energy-efficiently as possible. (Side note: this may be why it is better to be assertive in sales and influencing other people, as it is easier for them if you take the decision-making process away from them.)
- 40/70 rule: Never make a decision when you have less of 40% of the info to make the decision, do make it, once you hit 70, make it don’t want until 80,90+
- Get a spare key for everything.
- Get AAA for when you get a flat tire.
- Take a picture of the front and back of all in your wallet for when you lose and need to cancel.
- On all valuable things out a note on that says “return for award” and your number.
- Conciergeup.com: solves any problem paying 5 grand and up
- Right level of risk increases flow state/attention/effectiveness
- Turn jeans inside out and cold wash to save them.
Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP)
- NLP anchoring for confidence/overcome performance anxiety: think of a time you were happy/confident/in flow and remember all 5 senses. While recalling, create a physical trigger like squeeze your fist to create the connection. Test with other confident times. Use when you need confidence on command.
- Don’t use self-defeating language that programs your subconscious. No can’t, hard, impossible, difficult, etc.
- It’s better to fall short of success than to succeed fully at mediocrity. (Set massive goals)
- Listening to Classical music MAY improve your intelligence.
- Seek your optimal level of stimulation (from the environment) for optimal happiness and productivity.
- “What’s the fastest way for someone to improve their inner game?” To which I responded: “Improve your outer game.” If you want to be more confident or effective, rather than relying on easily-defeated positive thinking and mental gymnastics, learn to run faster, lift more than your peers, or lose those last ten pounds. It’s measurable, it’s clear, you can’t lie to yourself. It therefore works.
- Reading and learning can me a form of procrastination as opposed to reflecting on and implementing what you have already learned.
- Be selfish in the first half of your life so you can maximize your unselfishness in the 2nd half (Bill Gates).
- Respond don’t react. Observe your feelings, then respond.
- Bo Eason Speech 3 Takeaways
- 1.More personal your story, the more universal and the more people can relate. Find your story and harness it.
- 2.Physicality. Walk and act with intention and poise. Be a “predator.”
- Removal of pain makes us happier than adding pleasure.
- Write to find out what you are thinking.
- Crystallize what you’ve learned by actually doing it and employing the knowledge.
- Act like the person you want to be. If you want to be a good speaker and deliver a good speech, present as if you were a good speaker.
- Say “I’m excited” to yourself for positive self talk to diffuse the stress. Stress is perception. Worst thing you can say is “calm down” when you are anxious.
- To be free of stress and in the unfuckwidable zone. Forgiveness is the ultimate health and life hack. Improves physical performance tests, mindfulness, and self love. All three together.
Apps / Services
- Wayoflife.com to track habits
- LinguaGoGo app